Sunday, January 10, 2010

Distressing

Some folks I'm sure think I distress everything..., and I pretty much do these. The fact of the matter is.., I distress out of necessity and not always because I like the look. Mason and Maya are incredibly hard on everything they touch. Maya gnaws on the edge of the coffee table daily...., Mason slams his cars into the kitchen chairs...., and that's just the start of it all. I distressed Mason's bed (which I actually like the look for his bed) in hopes that it'd hide the nicks and scratches that would inevitably come.
I didn't think they'd come so fast. This is a quarter size gouge I found on the side of Mason's bed!?!?!?! Really son? How????I like to think it just adds to the charm now. Remember my cool shiny black table I loved...., well, it has also taken a distressing turn.....,

..., it's ok looking..., not my first choice..., but there's only so many knife dents one table can handle from a 2 year old before you opt to distress.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I am a HUGE fam of distressing! I actually like you table and chairs better distressed! To me it makes things look finished?!? Maybe that's just because I like the look. Anyway, I can't wait to go garage sale(ling) with you and find some junk to turn into treasures :) Maybe I should paint the stuff I have been meaning to finish for the last 2 years first!

Janelle said...

Looks good to me. I like your glass vase things on your table too...

Kim R. said...

totally love it! Good job. Now we just need to do my table. :)