Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oh how I LOVE Burley, Idaho!!!

We are so lucky to not only have relatives that live in Burley..., but to also have them be relatives we actually enjoy spending time with and enjoy to boot! We love our Idaho Family and always have such a blast when we see them. This is the 3rd summer for the O Fam mini reunion in Idaho. This is also the first year Dan's folks were here in the states and able to come as well, making it all the more fun. Mason trying his hardest to wake up the Wilson girls who has slept on the trampoline over night.
Maya even tried to help, but they didn't budge too much.
These are the type of swings they had in Mexico. They call them airplane swings.., not really sure why cause I don't see the resemblance, but what ever the case, my kiddos loved it. I think it's cool Dan's brother made one for his kids in their barn.
My kids are HUGE country kids at heart like their Momma and LOVED being outside for hours on end. The cool thing was.., they could just run around with the cousins and I didn't have to worry too much about them. I mean.., in the country all you really have to worry about are things like coyotes carrying away your babies or baby cows nipping at your fingers when you stick them in their mouths!

I swear Mason spent hours up here looking at the babies cows and horses. I'm also still surprised he didn't break his arm when he tried standing on the very top rung of the fence. Needless to say I didn't get a picture of that one.
The saggy diaper with no shorts on is totally fine in Idaho.
Maya has always been a Grampa's girl. It was funny to see how she was a bit confused at first when grandma and grandpa showed up in Idaho.

Maya sharing a cookie with her Dadda
Maya loves the water. She wanted nothing to do with me in the water and would get mad at me if I tried to hold on to her. I need to get this girl into some swim lessons.


Lunch at the River.



Mason showing off his stunt man skills
I love this picture of Dan's mom and his brother walking down to the boat. I think it's so tender to see this big guy hold his mom's hand to help her walk. I wish I had pictures of the late night games, because I hear those were the best this year. I feel asleep putting the kiddos to sleep. How lame is that?!?!?! Thanks again Dave and DeAnn! We had a blast as always!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Thanks for posting pictures! Looks like we missed out on lots of fun, maybe next year :)

Stacy and Mike said...

Wow, too much fun! My Keaton has the same swim shorts as Mason. I love the step by step progress of his "trick". Cute cute family. Miss you!

Michele said...

Great pictures! My favorite is the one with Mason running around the trampoline. He is always moving!

Michele said...

Meredith: Looks like Maya is a mini me! Swimming and not wanting to be held. Oh I swear by the time she turns six she'll be playing piano and dancing around crazily just like I do. Wish I was out there with you guys! Love ya! <3

Janelle said...

LOVE the pasture fence pictures the best! that is a great fence,, you could take some neat family pictures right there... fun trip!

DeAnn said...

WOW! Thanks Linda! Your mad photography skillz made our messy barn and fence that needs to be painted look like the perfect country idyll. Seriously, I was blown away by how beautiful it looked through the lens or your camera. Perhaps I need to "stop and smell the roses" a little more often? BTW, we LOVE having you all come visit. AND the games were truly epic. Can never regret staying up late when you see whole new facets of your father-in-law's personality. Priceless.