Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Is it 2 months or 9 weeks?

Mason is 2 months old! Or.., is he 9 weeks old. This has been the controversial discussion in our home lately. Months verse weeks? At what point do you switch over? I lean more to the 'months' at this point. I think he's old enough to make the switch. Anyway, I can't believe he's already 2 months. Time has flown by.., or perhaps it's just that we're so sleep deprived, we don't really know what day or time it is and thus time is 'flying' in our eyes. Either way...., our boy is 2 months! YEAH! We're just that much closer to him sleeping through the night. He now weighs 11 lbs 5 ounces and is 23 inches long. He's 50% for height and the size of his head. He's 45 % for weight. All this means.., is he pretty much average in those areas. He had his first set of shots today and at the end of it all, both he and his mommy were in tears by the end of it. I'm not sure we can handle many more appointments like that one!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

He's adorable! I agree on the months vs. weeks -- I think he's reached the landmark transition to months. I always think it's interesting -- people usually measure in days up to 7, weeks up to 8, months up to 24, and then years after that. But who made up that rule? Maybe people would have more respect for me if I told them that I am 406 months old! Well, 63 days, nine weeks, or 2 months -- any way you say it he is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Personal experience suggests that when measured against a backdrop of severe sleep deprivation and near constant, ear piercing screeching, it’s safe to say that it feels more like 5,443,200 seconds old.
-Dave