Monday, November 12, 2007

Goodbye Max!

Last week was a sad week for our family. We had to put our dog Max to sleep. It all happened so fast and are still a bit in shock. Max got sick on Tuesday night. He wasn't eating or acting like himself. We took him to the vet the next morning. After x-ray's and blood work, we left with three medications and not much more definete information about what was going on. The vet thought it was one of several things. It was hard to tell with the symptoms Max was having. By Friday morning Max stopped drinking as well. He was having a hard time walking. We brought him back into the vet to make a hard decision.He was so sick that we really didn't have an option. After we put him to sleep the vet found that he had cancer through out his entire body and most likely had been sick for a long time. He had a tumor that ruptured to cause the sudden decline. Max will be missed..., especially by his friend Kava.

4 comments:

The Wilkinson Clan said...

I love his photo...I am so sorry that you had to go through that experience.

Angela said...

That is a cute photo of Max. It is never easy to lose a pet. That is never an easy decision, my thoughts are with you guys. Poor Kava - he won't know what to do with himself... At least until Mason is old enough to play with him.

Janelle said...

I have tears in my eyes Linda. I remember when he came into your life. I will always remember him at checkout trying to stick his face into everything. He was an affectionate little guy.

Stacy and Mike said...

I loved Max too. It was always an adventure at checkout back in the day. I am sorry.