Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Garden

I have thoroughly loved our garden this year. Though small, we planted peppers, tomatoes, squash, herbs galore and GOURDS! Yes.., we planted ornamental gourds and they were so much fun. Mason and I would check the garden every morning and almost every morning we had gourds to bring in. Gourds are easy and fast growing.
We also planted bottle-neck gourds that you see dried, painted and for sale at Tai-Pan Imports for $20 a piece. I'm really excited about these. I hope to end the season with 6 of these babies.
Next year our garden is tripling in size and I couldn't be happier. I think perhaps we'll try the assorted pumpkins among other things.

5 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

You were up and posting at 6am? Wow! Impressive.

Love the gourds. They look great. They would be perfect for a cornacopia. (how in the world do you spell that?)

Have to take my pictures back to Hobby Lobby by the end of the week so I can get the sale price. Want to come?

Janelle said...

Look at you! How great that you planted cute little decorations as well as delicious food. I cannot wait for a yard and a garden, someday.

Michele said...

That's so festive! Did all those colored gourds come from one packet? They're beautiful.

Stacy and Mike said...

It's totally like you to plant for decor and food. I love them. I love the Autumn time. Hopefully I'll get to come and see you soon.

Stacy and Mike said...

I love your garden goods!