Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Weekend..., a bit late!

Okay.., Okay.., I know it's Wednesday and I'm just finally blogging about the weekend! I'm a bit behind..., but better late than never.., right?
I've been looking for new lamps for our bedroom night stands for some time now, but like most things.., I wanted them to be dirt cheap and super cute. That's not too much to ask for is it? Anyway..., I did finally find the lamps for super cheap.., but they needed a bit of help. Their color was a nasty, dated gold-y color that just wouldn't work. The picture doesn't quite show the gold-ness.., but I promise you all.., you would not put these bad boys in your houses.Despite the color.., I bought them along with a can of spray paint..., hammered bronze spray paint to be exact. I was very happy with how they turned out. Yes.., the flowers on the night stand are from my cute husband. He came home with them on Friday night for no reason what so ever. It was such a nice surprise. Saturday I got the rest of the Fall / Halloween decorations out. The skeleton is the comprise for Dan. He's all about the 'scary Halloween' stuff. Wait til you see the grave stones and life-size witch I have for the flowers beds this year. I promised Dan I would wait til at least October 1st to the rest of the stuff out.
I also tried fresh artichokes to the first time.., which are even better then the cooked artichokes hearts that you get on the jars. I've been fairly nervous about attemping to cook these bad boys on my own. They seem so hard.
Well..., there' not hard to cook at all. You throw them in a pot with a little water and let them boil. Voila! They are a lot of work for a little meat. The centers are yummy though. Thanks Mel for showing me how to cook them!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Did you get that same jack-o-lantern that I got at Tai Pan? I can't wait to put mine out.

Those artichokes are huge.

Love the bubble bath pix, he gets cuter every day!

Janelle said...

So, the artichokes huh? Did my blog inspire your taste buds cravings?? ha ha.... so did you do butter and garlic salt in the middle of them?

Your house decorations were always so dang cute, and what a great idea for the lamps. My folks had some tacky goldy looking things from the '70's they were pawning off and I said heck no... but with a new lamp shade and a can of spray paint it looks dang good.... How sweet of Dan to get you flowers too.... so thoughtful.and Mason is getting huge. I need to see more pictures of him, esp walking.

Kathryn said...

Oh we eat artichokes all the time over here, can't believe you had never had them, we love them! And that was super sweet of Dan to bring you flowers, I keep telling Ben to be more like his brother :) Also, love the lamps, I need to be more creative like you.