Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mason's Reaction to His Little Sister

So Mason and Maya are 19 months apart. I suppose that explains alot of Mason's behaviors. I'll let the pictures tell the story.


Day 1: Mason shows some mild interest in Maya


But he'd rather smash things with the rolling basinet


Day 2: Mason interacted a bit better with mom and dad in the hospital room, but he was still hesitant to interact with his little sister. He cracked us up at first by staying in the background. As his visit went on, he started to "act out" and was trying to steal the show. Overall I think he's doing just fine adjusting to his little sister. Besides, let's face it, he wont remember life without Maya anyway.


Mason hiding behind the bed

Mason tellig Mama what he thinks about it all

Mason spent time calling his "peeps" to
tell them the news

He spent time with Daddy and Maya
But finally had enough and he just laid on
the floor with his bear, blanket and bink

5 comments:

Michele said...

He's a busy boy with all the new fun things to play with, especially the smashing basinet. I love the picture of Dan with the two kids. Mason looks so big now sitting next to his little sister.

Rob Dog said...

YAY!! Congrats Linda!!! So cute, and so exciting!! My brother and I are 18 months apart and I don't think he hates me for it!! :) It was fun being close together! Everybody needs a big brother!!! Take care, lets all get together when you are up to it!

The Wilkinson Clan said...

Congratulations to you both!! We are so excited to play with your TWO kids. Dan kudos to your excellent blog entry.

Birdman said...

Congratulations O Family. It's been awhile since I have visited your blog. I am so thrilled for you. Thanks for the announcement via email. I hope you're getting some rest.

Janelle said...

Good job Dan for bloggin.. it was fun to read all about Mason's little meeting with his sis...the pictures are so cute.