Saturday, February 14, 2009

ReCycle, ReUse, ReNew

I have the hardest time throwing working items away.., especially when they are in good shape and still working. I'll store them until someone will take them from me or I find a use for it. My husband calls me a pack rat..., but I just think that I need to keep these precious items 'just in case'. I mean is that really a pack rat? Or am I just being practical?

What ever the case. I've had this clock for well over a year sitting in my garage. It wasn't fancy. It was a plain wooden clock with a white back ground, but it was working and in great shape. I've tried to give this clock to my sister, my brother in-law and sister in-law, my girl friends.., the list goes on. I just wanted this clock to find a home because I couldn't throw it away. Dan tried to throw it away a few times while attempting to organize our garage, but I kept saving it thinking 'it's a good clock'.


In all my nesting craziness, I came across this clock again and came up with an idea for our little girl's room. I so wish I had a before shot for you all to see. I sanded down the vanish on the wood, sprayed it white, distressed it. I then found some scrapbook paper to match the room and some vinyl numbers and VOILA! A perfect addition for our little girl's room.

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

That is so cute, and such a great idea!

Michele said...

Looks great. I like the wall color too.

Janelle said...

p.s. Now changing your blog background equals the importance of getting your crafts out for the upcoming holiday, the second it turns midnight after the current holiday.... hee hee

Janelle said...

hmmmm, my first comment never posted,, thus the p.s. above this one.

Anyways, I said that You are such a creative and crafty girl! I have never been able to visualize things like you can. I'm jealous of that because I probably would have tossed this perfectly working clock. It is such a cute addition to the girly room.

Melissa@thebblog said...

Very cute - looks even better in person. I try to be this creative but it just doesn't turn out as perfect as your stuff.

Also, love the "MAYA" plaque - again, something I tried but you managed to turn out yours better! hm. I'm learning

Angela said...

Great job Linda! Your creativity always amazes me!

Stacy and Mike said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!! Brilliant!!! Man I need to visit you regularly and PIck your brain! That is sooo cute I can't get over it!!! I want to see pics of the entire room.

Kara said...

Why can't I be you! You are so stinking creative! I get jealous sometimes.

Kanabites said...

very cool. I just noticed on your count down... two more days til your due date... have you had her?