Monday, September 21, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Welcome to Pardox, Colorado and to the beautiful Absolution Ranch. We spent Labor Day weekend here with the Bishops and even better...., with no kids. It was the first time in over a year that Dan and I went away over night with out kids!The house we rented had a huge front porch with a gorgeous view. I sat out here each morning.We even had breakfast on the porch one morning. It was so nice with the exception of an antique chair causality and a minor flesh wound for Scott.
Paradox Valley We hiked around some petroglyphs.
Scott was enthralled by them. In fact.., both guys questions their authenticity! Mel and I thought they were totally cool and REAL!We went to the quaint little town of Ouray, Colorado. It was about 2 hours east of where we were staying. The drive was beautiful.The guys humoured us and went to the Hot Springs. The setting around the springs was really neat. Huge high mountains surrounded them.
I crashed pretty much every night before 10pm! I'm SO old! We drove up to Buckeye Reservoir to fish and stopped at an over look along the way.
We even saw a bear! It was the coolest thing! I've never seen one in the forest before.My shoes got stuck in the mud my first cast and I was ankle deep in mud after that. You couldn't get close to the water with out sinking in the mud! Being my first lake fishing experience..., Dan showed me his fishing skills.And I was totally impressed! He caught a fish with his first cast in!Mel caught a fish as well...., and to my shock she killed it over a rock. I would have so made Dan do that if I actually caught a fish.Not only did she kill it.., but she gutted it as well! Gross! The guys relaxing as they man the grill with our yummy trout on it. All and all it was a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

is Scott puking in that petroglyphs picture? Don't remember what's up there? What a beautiful little vacation we stumbled upon. You can plan my trips everytime.

LindaO said...

He's not sick..., he's just hiding from the picture.

Janelle said...

That is a neat place. I've never heard of it. I'll have to google away. Hey, can't believe you've never fished in a lake before, where've you been? the ocean?? lol

Glad you guys got away without the kids.

Michele said...

So glad to see these pictures. Looks very beautiful and relaxing.

Lori said...

i'm so jealous of your vacation without kids! that place looks so nice. we are finally getting our first day of not being in the 90's here...finally! i loved the pics.