Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend Project

I love Saturdays! Who doesn't though??? They're the days I get caught up with the rest of the week. Our house is put back together and meals for the coming week are made. I always feel so accomplished when Sunday rolls around. It's also my time do my 'fun' projects that I enjoy. I've been wanting to re-do our kitchen table for some time now. It's dated and old. Dan had it when we got married and since it worked.., we kept it. We've been wanting a new one, but with the all the extra these days with finishing the addition we just don't have the money for items like that. Aunt Renee took Mason to the zoo on Saturday and the wheels started rolling for me of what I could do with my time. So.., out came the sander and paint. I love paint! It revitalizes old pieces and make them feel new. I am so happy with how the table and chairs came out. They look great in our kitchen.I even painted a buffet table to match. There's no room for it now.., but give us a few more month and when the addition is done.., it's gonna look sharp all together. I was planning on distressing it all since Mason is so hard on things..., but it looks so good with the crisp black coat that we decided to leave it. Who knows..., it Mason puts some dings into in the coming months..., we'll distress it. :)

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

First of all, I'm so impressed that you make your meals for the week ahead of time! And secondly, love the table and it would go great in OUR kitchen :)

Michele said...

Wow, it looks completely different, I love it! I think the distressed finish would be nice too. That must have taken all day. So nice of Auntie Renee, did Mason come home talking about the animals?

lindsay said...

Love it Linda... Brilliant!

Meg said...

You know what they say...once you go black you don't go back!

Janelle said...

Looks fantastic as usual. Everything you do turns out perfect... You give me inspiration to get out my paint the do some stuff.

Sarah said...

Looks great- I really love those chairs. They look so good black. Now I want to make over some furniture!

Rob Dog said...

Linda! You are SO crafty!! I wish you could fix all my lame-o furniture!! :) Love all your projects, they turn out so great!! The table looks awesome!