Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I NEEEEEEED SPRING!

I NEED spring. I don't think I can adequately describe how much I truly NEED spring. I'm trying as hard as I can to bring it into my home. I think I may go insane if I don't. I've been dealing with sick babies off and on for over 6 weeks now. We've had countless doctor visits, insta-care trips and late night ER excursions. We've dealt with colds, and croup, strep and strep some more, stomach flu all around, fevers, asthma attacks and raging ear infections...., to just name a few. I want to throw open the windows and air out the house, but it's still a bit too cold. In attempts to change the atmosphere in the Ontiveros Home, I came home from Sam's Club with these. I think we all needed them. I let Mason pick the color and it was a perfect choice. The yellow adds a touch of spring to our kitchen table. I'm also painting everything I can find 'turquoise' in hopes to brighten our dark living room. St Patricks Day decorations came down two weeks ago (which, anyone who knows me, knows this is a HUGE no-no) because I needed spring eggs, bunnies and chicks in my home.I painted my kitchen this color in hopes to add cheer.After 3 coats of different color paints, tears and frustration...., my cute wonderful husband finished my project which ended with my original paint color!!!! And...., yes.., I've started to paint my kitchen cabinets an espresso color and I LOVE them! I need spring to get here soon. Please! I'm done with snow and gray skies. I'm done with cold air and sweaters. I'm done with staying inside and hot chocolate. I'm done with it all. I want sun and blue skies. I want warm air and flip flops. I want to lounge outside and drink lemonade. Until then, I will create and add color whenever and where I can to help keep the spirits up.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Ooh, the cabinets look great! I can't wait to see the finished product. Love the bunnies and eggs too. You are not going to believe this, but I don't decorate for the holidays any more... shocking I know, Just Christmas.

Kim R. said...

I totally love everything you have done and your cabinets will look so awesome with your new light walls! Good work!

Janelle said...

I am envious of your talents, as usual.