Friday, May 14, 2010

Primary Children's Take 2

I like to think we're getting these ER visits out of the way while our children are young, so that when they are older they will always be healthy, happy and never visit the ER. Unfortunately..., I think this may just the beginning of our trips to the ER. This morning, Maya pulled our camera off our dresser. She grabbed the strap pulling the camera directly on to her face. She got a small Y shaped cut in between her lip and nose. Her cut was fairly tiny, but as soon as I saw it I knew it needed stitches. It was deep in parts and with the position on her lip, i knew it would continue to re-open with smiles, laughs, cries, etc. I called my personal nurse (thanks Kim) to verify and once again we were on our way to Primary Children's, dropping Mason off to Grandma's on the way. However, this time, I was extremely anxious. I knew how they would have to hold her down and the tears from Mason's stitches were still fresh in my memory. At parts I wanted to run out of the room and just cry because my little girl was hurt and crying. I reminded myself that I was the mom and this is what moms do. I some how got through it. Her and Mason's tears kill me.., well.., when they're hurt tears that is. I don't even flinch for their fake tears..., and yes.., they both have them! Thankfully, it was much quickly than Mason's zillion stitches to his finger. Two stitches and we were out the door. Poor baby girl! She really did so well.I do hate that this happened to her face and will scar! I know it's tiny...., but still..., I just hope it not very noticeable.
As for Mason..., his finger is healing well. I love his face in this picture. You can tell he's just so done with it all. He had his first follow up with the plastic surgeon and so far so good. We follow up every two weeks for a 3 or 4 months.
I have been a bit concerned the last few times I've changed Mason's dressings. We knew he'd loose his nail...., it's just being held on by stitches. We knew he'd loose that..., but everything else around it is turning black too. :( I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

5 comments:

Kim R. said...

So sorry!!! I think that Maya's is small enough, that with time, it will disappear. I hate it when the kids get hurt. Good job being a good, strong mom!

Kanabites said...

I hope it all turns out alright. What a last few days for you!

Janelle said...

Ok,, I just cringed and got chills up and down my spine and legs looking at Mason's finger! I can not believe you have survived alright with dealing with all these ER trips! I would be a wreck hearing them cry,, they're scared and in pain,, the worst ever!

Melissa@thebblog said...

poor baby girl - and ooh, that finger is yucky! Does Mason think it's cool or just whatever . . .?

LindaO said...

OK, but what you are all forgetting about is my incredible, patient, loving, level headed, ruggedly handsome husband who seems to always be there right when things happen to take care of the kids AND me. (authored by Dan)