Monday, May 17, 2010

Race for the Cure 2010

The Saturday before Mother's Day the kids, Auntie Renee, Hannah, Rachel and myself all did the Race for the Cure. I've done this walk several years now.., with girl friends.., with Dan.., with kids.., with out kids.., and this is the first time going with my sister. Every year I go, I am truly amazed by the amount of people there. Each having been in some way affected by cancer. This years registry was just over 20,000 and that's not including the hundreds that just show and walk. As you can tell, my kiddos were thrilled to be part of the walk as well.Auntie Renee ran the 5 k and I walked with the rest of the clan. Mason, believe it or not, walked / ran the majority of the 5 k. He was wiped by the end of it and fell asleep in the car after dropping his cousins and aunt off.
Part of the happy crew. Maya is just happy to be getting some bread slices from Great Harvest and Mason.., well.., you can tell from his face he's about to fall asleep.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Glad you could all get together. Love your new haircut too... and Maya's... (i don't know what to call that...) pony tail? CUTE!

Janelle said...

Hey, we did this together once I believe... might have been 2004?? My memory is blurry. You look cute!