Thursday, October 13, 2011

You get these.....,
 
 ...., when you do this....,
 ..., and have to wear this for the next few months.
I started this boot camp with a friend a few months ago to help me get back in shape.  A week or two into the six week class, I hurt my knee jumping.  Yep.., just jumping.  Nothing exciting.  Being fairly sure I had torn some cartilage, since I have done that a few times, I went into to see the Otho doc.   Sad news..., not only did I tear some cartilage.., but also my ACL was shot.  Since my out of pocket was met already for the year.., we hurried and scheduled it to allow for as much time as possible for physical therapy before the end of the year and insurance stuff starts over.  So...., Here I sit..., just over a week into this 6 month process.  Thankfully I should be totally off crutches in 3 weeks.  Keep your fingers crossed!

7 comments:

lindsay said...

oh my gosh! Linda!!! Get better girl!!!

Jessika said...

OUCH!!! How sad! I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Jessika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

Yep, been there done that! Except I blew out my ACL about 14 years ago and I am sure the surgery, incision, recover is a lot better now! I was in a cast up to my hip for a few months and then they gradually cut it down smaller to what you have now! I had my ACL replaced since it was completely blown out they couldn't repair it. Good luck with the recovery, I am sure it's way more difficult to relax and recover with two kiddos jumping on you. Let me know if you need me to tend or bring dinner I am happy to help :)

Melissa@thebblog said...

oh, it looks yucky and painful! i hope it feels better really soon and i'm sorry you couldn't come to the play with us.

Stacy and Mike said...

LOOKS and SOUNDS AWFUL! Guess you can blog tonz! Love viewing all that I've missed.
Darling children!

Janelle said...

that is a pretty serious deal my dear.. stay true to your rehab!(that's where Bren says it all matters)