Tuesday, October 18, 2011

YUM

After last summer's horrible tomato crop, I was thrilled to have such a GREAT crop of tomatoes this year.  I canned tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce with them.  And.., we gave tons away after I got sick of canning.  I love how pretty the jars are once they are all filled and processed.
 I did pizza sauce because my kiddos have grown to love making their own pizzas...., this one has peppers and onions from our garden as well and was SO yummy!
 We try and have make your own pizza night at our place at least once a month.  Unfortunately.., my kiddos typically eat more cheese and toppings then they get on their pizzas.

2 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

oh yes, they do look pretty. Scott keeps reminding me of our first attempt at canning and how I came home with 3 measly jars. Ha, ha, funny Scott!

Janelle said...

you're my hero Linda! such a great go getter... i've still never canned,, it kinda freaks me out!