Tuesday, September 18, 2012

4th of July

 Yes, I realize it's September!  Like I said..., we've really enjoyed our summer and who wants to be inside blogging when there's fun to be had?  I love the Fourth or as Maya refers to it, 'American Day'.  I love that we have family and friends at our home off and on all day.  It's relaxing and fun.  We eat yummy food.., chat.., and of course have a fabulous firework display.  We started our day off with the tradition neighborhood pancake breakfast and bike parade. 

We could barely get the kiddos off their bikes to eat.
Lining up for the fireworks.  I just wanted a good one of all three...., how about a good one of each of them in three different photos?  I guess that will have to do for now.
Mason thinks he's big enough to help.., and Dan apparently does too.  Mason helps throw a few of the snakes in the road.  We didn't head to Wyoming this year for the goods.  Instead I found a fairly good groupon for the fireworks.  The fireworks did however come with scantily clad women adorning the packages?!?!  Are you kidding me??? I guess they need to advertise where ever they can???

 Grandma and Grandpa Werhi's had a zillion.., no joke.., a zillion light sticks for all the kiddos. How did we get so lucky to have such great neighbors?  The kids danced.., jumped and ran all about with the glow sticks.


 Mason made connected a few dozen.



 Do you think they had fun?  Like I said.., I LOVE the 4th!  I love that my family does too!  Hope every one had a 'Happy American Day!'



1 comment:

Meg said...

Looks like everyone had fun...I am sad we missed it this year. Hope we can make it next year. Cameron keeps asking to see the "sparkly things in the air" again. I love the 4th of July too.