Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Growing like a weed!

I never quite understood that expression till last summer when I started my flower beds. I took a Saturday in early May last year.., turned over all the dirt (OK, fine.., i had Dan turn over all the dirt).., then I strategically planted all my flowers and plants. I did the same this May. My flower beds looked perfect and there was not a weed in sight! In my naivety, I thought perhaps I would have to weed once a month or so. I was SO wrong. With in a week my perfect flower beds went from perfect to filled with ugly weeds!
After that it was non stop weeding all summer! I could barely keep up with the weeds they were growing so fast. Mason has taken on a weed like form in his growth. Growing every second of every day! Thankfully he's incredible handsome and is only weed-like in his growth. Mason started off as such a little guy. In the last few weeks he has busted into his 3- 6 months clothes and they are fitting him just fine.
As a side note.., I thankfully discovered Pre-Emergent Weed Killer and has cut my weeding in half...., don't worry, we won't be using that on Mason. We like that he's growing..., we just hope we'll be able to keep up.

No comments: