Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Come' On People! Don't be Dumb on National TV!

All I have to say is..., 'are you kidding me???' I don't watch games shows on TV. Tonight I was folding clothes after I put Mason to bed and the show 'the Moment of Truth' comes on. I've seen the commercials and some what know the premise behind the show is that you're asked difficult questions in front of family and friends. You have to answer these questions truthfully because you're hooked up to a lie detector. Seems simple enough..., honest folks shouldn't a problem. They ask questions like 'have you ever resented you mother?' or 'Have you ever fantasied about your husband's brother?' and the list goes on. I'm sure you get the gist of it. Anyway.., tonight right as I turned on the TV a lady is in the hot seat and being asked, 'Have you ever had a sexual fantasy that involved your girl friend. Her girl friend was of course sitting by the lady in hot seats mom and husband. The hot seat lady answers 'yes' and the gasps go across the audience. The hot seat lady explains how beautiful she think her friend is, etc. She tells how they traveled quite a bit together and seen each other naked. This is not the disturbing part! Next the hosts says something along the lines of this, 'I know you're very religious, what faith are you?' The hot seat lady that fantasies about her girl friend answered 'Mormon'! I love it! I love folks out there like this lady who are representing the Mormon faith on national TV and doing such a poor job at it. Anyway.., the next question was, 'Would you ever leave your husband if he left the Mormon church?" She answers that she would and the lie detector confirms the same. I just don't get it? Am I way off here??? I love my girl friends to death. They are who help support me through the tough days and laugh with me on the good days....., BUT and I capitalize to accentuate my point.., BUT there's not one of them that I've had sexual fantasies about or will for that matter!?!?! Please.., please..., I beg.., if by some chance you go on national TV..., please don't tell the country that you have lesbian fantasies and that you are Mormon. There's already enough crazy concepts about us Mormon's out there..., we certainly don't need any more.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

you're kidding me? bren and i have caught bits and pieces of this show. mostly about the infidelity questions,,, and one where he asked the guy if he has slept with over 100 women and he said yes..well, we missed the mormon one. i would have liked to have seen that one. oh brother is all i can say about that. why oh why would she go on national tv and declare that, hope her bishop and stake president were watching...and her grandma and mother, and mother-in-law... all for a couple hundred grand. not worth it.

The Christensens said...

I'm laughing so hard that I have tears running down my face. Amen to everything you said and how you said it. Seriously, are these people for real???

Melissa@thebblog said...

Wow, I like my girlfriends but certainly not in that way . . . . WOW!

Kanabites said...

no worries here on going on National TV.... and for that matter having weird thoughts like that... what is wrong with people!!!

Stacy and Mike said...

I hate that show. We watched it once after the girl answered all these horrible things she has done and she was about to win ALL this money after she answered one more question. The question was, "Do you think you are a good person?" And she answered YES! Ironically she didn't win the money because that answer was a LIE! Serves her right. I vow to never watch that show again.

Kara said...

Ha Ha Ha! Oh my word! Wow! YUCK that is super gross and I would feel really uncomfortable if I was the friend! I love that you ranted about it though! All I have to say is...Crazy Mormons!