Sunday, May 11, 2008

This day ain't half bad...,

I haven't cared for Mother's Day much since my mom passed away. It's been the day I take off from church, stayed in my PJ's and avoided others at all cost. This year, however was quite a bit different with Mason being in my life. Mother's Day turned out to be fabulous. I was made to feel like a queen the entire day. For me, Mother's Day started early with my cute husband digging out some grass to make way for the new flower bed I wanted.
I love flowers. With our addition this summer, we will be loosing one of our flower beds and it makes me sad. I found this section by the driveway that makes a perfect flower bed. Friday night at 8pm, I decided we needed to start this project. Dan not only dug out the grass and turned it all over, but he also got up at 6:30am to get to the dump in time to get the good mulch before they ran out
I then spent the majority of the Saturday afternoon planting flowers! I loved it. Mason was on a blanket with his toys hanging out with me (sorry no picture of that). I filled my flower pots as well as my other flower beds by my front door.I also added some solar lights that I got 75% off at the end of last year's season. I know.., I'm a good shopper!Sunday morning, Mother's Day came and along with it came yummy breakfast from Dan and Mason! They even powder sugared the french toast. They thought of everything!
Mason found this beautiful hand made copper vase that he knew I would love. Dan helped him buy it and wrap it for me and I loved it! It's completely something I would have bought when I was single and didn't care about a budget. It's gorgeous! The day was not done there.., Dan and Mason made dinner .., bacon wrapped filet's cooked to perfection.., enough said!
The day ended with my guys cleaning up. Dan washed and Mason loaded the dishwasher. He's a good little helper! Notice the rosy cheeks from Saturday lounging in the sun.

I'm sure Mother's Day won't always be like this one.., but for now it is just nice to enjoy the day I used to dread with my cute son.

9 comments:

Angela said...

Linda- I was thinking about you and your family yesterday. I am so glad you had a wonderful day.. you deserve it!

Dan is a great husband and how did Mason know the exact vase you would love?! Priceless!

Kathryn said...

That sounds wonderful and your yard looks beautiful! I am jealous, our yard has a LONG way to go before it even looks semi decent. I'm looking forward to being a "mom" too. Ben said yesterday was NOT my day because I'm not a mom. Bummer. What a fun life you lead :)

Melissa@thebblog said...

Very nice Linda. I'm glad that you have a nice new Mather's Day tradition and a venue to make it a good holiday rather than a sad one. Maybe you will feel closer to your mom on that day since you are now a mother. Nice flower beds!

Stacy and Mike said...

I am so glad that this Mothers Day was a good one. I know you are a wonderful mother. Look what a happy kid he is!
Dan can COOK!

Julie and Todd said...

WOW! Looks so dang yummy! I think I'm hungry. Mason is so cute sitting in the dishwasher. Such fun pics of your yard as well!!!

Kara said...

Cute!! Happy Mothers Day! I got gypped on Mothers Day! We didn't even remember until like 6 at night! LAMEO! Oh, well, I guess being in the Carribean made up for it :) You and your lil family are so stinking cute. I love to see you so happy!

Debi said...

I knew Dan was a good man, but Wow! He totally put Mike to shame. We ended up driving in the car most of Mother's Day so we didn't get much of a celebration. As a belated Mother's Day dinner, Mike took me to St. George to In-N-Out Burger for dinner. Take that over the bacon wrapped filet! :)

Katy said...

I'm glad you don't dread Mother's Day anymore.

Janelle said...

I'm glad your day has turned around and has begun to focus on you as well as your own mothers. Dan knows how to make things special... be grateful for that,,, not all men do. As for the dishwasher picture,, how cute is that,, and why do these little creatures insist on crawling over to it mock speed everytime the hinges make the sound that the door is opening???