Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I love Costco!!!!

Sunday, I was cooking dinner, talking on the phone and trying to deal with a rug rat at my feet. I had not noticed that the water in my steamer on the stove was had dried up. I get off the phone, pull the steamer off the stove only to smell this nasty smell. As I look down I see molten lava pouring out of the bottom of my pot on to my stove! It took me a few seconds to figure out that it was the bottom of my pot that had actually melted! Have you ever seen that one before???? I sure haven't. Dan grabbed Mason and strapped him in his high chair to keep him out of the kitchen. With Mason hollering in the back ground because he wanted to be part of the commotion, Dan proceeded to pull the molten lava off the stove. Most came off.., along with the stove's enamel as well. Not realizing my crock pot lid was in the sink.., I moved the pot from the stove to the sink thinking it would cool it down quickly with water. Sure enough, it cracked my crock pot lid. Have you ever tried to just replace the a crock pot lid? Well.., you pretty can't! I was so ticked because not only have I loved this pot and pan set.., but I loved my crock pot. Now this freaky, crazy story does have a happy ending. With my friend who works at Costco's encouragement, I took the pot and pan set back to Costco only for them to replace the entire set with a brand new one. Well., that's not all my friends. In chatting with the return lady at Costco about how the whole pot experience. She was first shocked and had to show every one the pot. Then she said some thing that completely shocked me. She wanted me to bring back my crock pot as well because she wanted to replace that bad boy too. How's that for customer service? I love Costco!




3 comments:

Stacy and Mike said...

That is CRAZY!! What a story! Great customer service. Walmart should consider lessons from them.

Janelle said...

I'm very impressed with Costco.. they are a wonderful place and provide me with a lot of entertainment and shopping needs.

Stacy and Mike said...

I tried calling you the other day...did you get a message or do I have the wrong phone number?
Has it been 1 YEAR since we talked on the phone?