Saturday, February 27, 2010

Maya's 1st Birthday Party

Maya celebrated he first birthday with lots of family! She was thrilled to see her cousins and aunts and uncles. She laughed and clapped and I wanted to squeeze her she was so cute and excited about all her guests. We had cake....., ...., and cupcakes.....,
Maya thought her cake was the yummiest ever.
We opened presents....,
..., with Mason's help of course.
Daddy made Maya a cradle and Mommy made bedding that matched her crib.Mommy made Maya some scary dolls. They were cuter in my mind. My mother in-law swears we can make them cute with just embroidering a smile and little nose on. them We'll see.
And Auntie Michele and Auntie Renee got Maya the fat-daddy of all strollers. Mason LOVES it and wheels it all around the house. He can't quite grasp that this cool thing with wheel couldn't actually be his???

7 comments:

Michele said...

Aww, thanks for posting the pictures. Such a cute, fun party. The cradle and dolls are adorable. I love the baby picture collage.

Kim R. said...

Everything turned out so cute!!! Good job! As for the dolls...I have no comment. :) But, can I still make a scary doll for Bella? We will call her Coraline.

LindaO said...

That's funny because that's what every one at the party adn Dan calls the doll with black hair. She's the creepier one!

Melissa@thebblog said...

Oh, what a great party. You didn't tell me you were doing the picture banner! what a cute idea. Um, dolls - yeah, a little bit creepy but I'm with Dan's mom, they can be tweeked and even if they aren't, I bet Maya loves them and I'm sure impressed with your mad skills!!

Kara said...

Sometimes I get depressed when I read your blog because you are so crafty and cute and artsy that it makes me feel like a... well... boring mom and wife if truth be told. You are so cute it is a bit annoying!

Kanabites said...

How fun. I love the pictures hanging below the happy birthday sign. And the dolls I think will look better with the smile too. You did a good job and I think you are amazing to even attempt making one.

Janelle said...

um, love the birthday banner, love the cuppy cakes, love the dolls, and the baby stuff. really, you have a talent.... very creative and motivated.