Thursday, February 11, 2010

Preschool Preformance

Mason had his first school performance for Valentine's Day and was he was scared to death! Poor kid! I really didn't expect that from our little out going kiddo. He sat on my lap on the floor until his friend Lauren arrived and then I transferred his death-clutch to her. He held her hand for pretty much the first half of the performance and didn't move. At one point I thought he was going to burst into tears. I was smiling and giving him thumbs up in the back with all the other parents and he just sat there staring at me like I was crazy.Lauren was incredibly patient with Mason and sang the majority of the songs one-handed! I love that she takes care of him and watches out for him.., and mostly.., that she is patient with him.After a dozen songs or so he finally warmed up and sang the last few songs with his class. It ended with a little social and lunch for the kids and parents.
It was a pretty cute performance! I hope the next one isn't so painful for our little guy!

No comments: