Monday, April 13, 2009

I adore these kids!

I've tried Maya out in her little gym area this past week. The first time I put her in it, I saw Mason make a b-line to her. I thought for sure he was going to attack her. I tried not to react and just stood back and watched. Mason sat on the floor next her and slowly started to scoot closer to Maya.Mason eventually laid down next to her. I so wish I was quicker with the camera, because the next thing I knew, he pulled Maya's binkie out of her mouth and gave a sweet little kiss.., and the heart of their Mama melted.
These 2 kids being so close together has been a huge challenge. There are days I want to scream, and run away..., or rather I want the kids to run away. Moments like these make it all worth it though. They are at times few and far between, but they keep you going non the less.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

So cute! We miss you guys...call us anytime you need another hand! :)

The Wilkinson Clan said...

What a moment to catch on film. I think he will be a GREAT big brother! Is he saying, "cheese" in the photo?

Kara said...

Ahhh! So cute. I love the run away comment! :)

Rob Dog said...

So cute!! What a good big brother!

Janelle said...

Linda, that is one of the cutest little pictures and stories I've seen in a long time. It almost makes me want to cry with you....They are close, they are hard, and it may be a long time til things settle down, but dang it, that moment will need to be viewed over and over by you to remember how sweet and tender they both are. I always need reminders, several times a day,,,,I know