Sunday, June 7, 2009

Burley, Idaho

I tell you every time I go to Idaho, I want to stay. I love the small town living. We were able to go up to Idaho this past Saturday for our niece Quin's baptism. She was so cute and excited about her special day. Her mom actually made the dress she's wearing!?!?! Isn't it beautiful!A few of the highlights from the trip besides Mason screaming 'AGUA' over and over when he saw the baptismal font were..., feeding the horses with Dad.....,
playing on Uncle Dave's tractor..., this was practically a dream come true for him!
mooing to the cows that live next door to his cousins..., At one point we couldn't find Mason. We went out side to find him at the fencing moo-ing. I couldn't stop laughing.
playing.., okay, harassing the new kittens. He liked to drop them into the pricker bushes! I know.., sad!
The best high light for mom and dad was using our mini DVD player for the first time! It was a joyous 3 hours drive up and back. Mason was enthralled with the Cars movie and barely made a peep. We LOVED it! We were sorry the trip was so short, but are excited for this summer's O Family Reunion in Idaho!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

We are over here laughing at your adorable son :) Looks like fun and wish we could have come!

The Wilkinson Clan said...

I bet he slept well that night. Don't you LOVE the DVD players. It is hands down one of the best traveling inventions ever! How did Maya handle the trip?

Janelle said...

Yes indeedy... love the DVD players. It's our best friend. We've had 3 14 hour trips this year, and it would have been impossible without it. I love that Mason was mooing at the cows.. hilarious! Way cool car in the shed with the tractor. Do you really want to live in a small town???

Kim R. said...

The tractor, I am sure was Mason's highlight, along with the moo-cows. Such a fun, draining age! I think that Cars was our long road trip movie...over and over and over and over. Good times! I love all your pics and your cute little family, but don't move to Idaho, ok? Promise? I'm serious!

Michele said...

I love the kitty picture. He is so strong to lift that thing. You gotta love the small town life...it's in your blood. When we drove to Ogden to IFLY that day, Dave and I both started to breathe a little easier. Salt Lake is beautiful, but that city traffic is stressful.

Meg said...

I love the small town feeling of Burley Idaho too! That is where my dad is from and we would go every year (or more) when we were kids and all growing up to visit my grandma on her farm. We loved feeding the horses and riding the motorcycle around the corn fields and of course picking our own potatoes!!