Sunday, June 14, 2009

Park City

Let me just tell you .., I love time shares! I hope to actually own one some day and not to just sit through the presentation for the free vacations. We had a glorious four day - three night stay at the Westgate Resort in Park City just because we were willing to sit through their hour long time share presentation. The best part was that we didn't even have to sit through it! They must have forgot about us. It's okay though because Dan hates the high pressure sale. He was a bit worried I would have bought it this time since I get closer and closer to doing so with each presentation. Anyway..., back to Maya's first vacation and the kids..., We had so much fun! Our vacation started with eating Cheetos and Doritos in bed..., a HUGE 'no no' of dad's at our house. But.., hey.., it's vacation...., there's people who clean up after you here.We loved the huge jacuzzi bath and got in it several times a day! Our whole family can and did at one point all fit in the tub. I think Maya may love her baths even more than Mason does.., if that's possible.We went swimming everyday. I love the new float suit we got for Mason. It makes him even more fearless..., which perhaps isn't the greatest thing..., but I love that it floats. It helps him feel comfortable to practice swimming.He almost has the floating on his back thing down. By the end of the trip.., Mason was climbing up the ladder in the pool by himself and taking a running jump in the water. Of course..., my camera battery dies by that point!

The Bishop's came up on Saturday to join us for some water time fun. Their little girl, Maddy is 4 days younger than Maya. It's fun to see them together because they are such opposite. Maddy has the strawberry-blond hair, fair skin and chicken legs..., while Maya on the other hand has the jet-black hair, darker complexion and thunder thighs

I love their legs next to each other.

Swimming and water sports has always been one of my favorite things and I love that my kids are developing this same passion.

We of course had to rinse off in the jacuzzi tub.

Later Saturday, we hit the outlets and believe it of not...., it was the guys requests! Hey.., you don't have to ask me twice to shop!?!? We got some great fleece jackets for the kids for this fall as well as some other fun things.
Dan was so wonderful at entertaining Mason through out the shopping experience. he had Mason laughing hysterically with his off-road stroller-ing. Towards the end Mason was DONE. I was a horrible, unprepared mom who kept shopping and by 2pm the poor kid was WAY over tired, under fed and ornery!

The weekend was great. We ended by driving home over Guardsman Pass while the kids were asleep. It was beautiful and quiet! Of course, I had to grab a few rocks for my new project I've been working on.

8 comments:

Julie and Todd said...

looks like a great vacation! Where'd you get the floaty suit? What brand? Do you like it? I'm trying to decide what to do for my kids when we go to Bear Lake this summer for Todd's family reunion. I have floaties, but want a jacket or something that they'll actually wear.

Kathryn said...

I didn't even know you were gone. Looks like you guys always have so much fun!

The Wilkinson Clan said...

Where was the condo in PC? So, when are we going to do the Bear Lake trip?

Melissa@thebblog said...

love the picture of Dan with Maya between his legs in the pool and of all four of you in the pool. Did you do the hold-the-camera-in-front-of-you trick? Thanks for letting us shop with you!

Michele said...

Sounds fun! wish i could be there!
Love u all,
meredith

Angela said...

Looks like fun! I love that hotel, great rooms and fun jacuzzi tub in the room.

btw: I am not sure about you an Mel in the tub together... even in suits...that may have been one picture to leave in the picture folder. :)

Kara said...

Oh my word!! I love the tub pictures!! LOL YOu are hilarious! Your swim suit is SOOOOO cute, I want it! Where did you get it?

Janelle said...

looks like a good old time there in the pc... p.s. Guardsman's is awesome! Love it..