Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I love Yard Sales!

My dad got me this mirror at a yard sale for $1. I was so excited when I saw it because I've been wanting one this shape for Maya's room. Of course I didn't want one with nasty gold color it came with. So.., out came the sand paper and the spray paint.I used this spray enamel that is used for appliances because I wanted the high gloss finish. I've never used that type of spray paint before and it takes twice as long to dry, but looks great when it's finished.
So.., for $1 and then $3.55 for a can of spray paint we have this mirror. I think it's worth it. Who wants to go yard sale-ing with me on Saturday???

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the blog invite. Can you come and update ours? We are terrible at it! I'm loving the garage sale find. I'm in anytime you want to go.

Janelle said...

I just told Bren that you are the absolute best at finding things and having that 'creative eye' that I do not have. I love that you can do things like this. You're my hero!

Meg said...

I love yard sales! They are fun sometimes...espeically when you can find good items like that! I like to have yard sales too...ask Dan about my yard sales, he laughs at me because I practically give things away!

Melissa@thebblog said...

Nice job!! I want the same deals you end up with but I don't want to go to the yard sales. Hm. problem there I suppose.

Lori said...

Hey! Nice job on the mirror. I am all about repainting everything. Rick thought I was crazy at first but now he does a lot of the painting for me! Your blog is so cute. I love all the pics of your adorable kids!