Saturday, July 25, 2009

Turtle Sanctuary

The turtle sanctuary was right on the ocean. It was a pretty neat place. They study the turtles and release them. We got there right as they opened and we were the only ones there. I guess 10 am for Mexico is early.Do they look hot???? Because it was well over 100 and close to 100% humidity inside the building. Outside there were dozens of buckets and tanks filled with different types of sea turtles in all different sizes.Doesn't his little cheeks look so hot?Baby sea turtles. These were my favorite. They had 4 or 5 tanks of these little guys and their moms.

2 comments:

Michele said...

What a wonderful experience. Even though the trip was tough, you will have great memories.

Meg said...

I LOVE turtles! This place and the chocolate place are a close tie for my favorite place :) Jeremy's brother smuggled 3 baby turtles home from his mission in his suit coat pocket...on the long airplane ride from the Canary Islands and I remember I thought that was sooo cool.