Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Isn't he too young????

Mason's had his first day of preschool. He, of course, loved it. He loved playing with the kids and the whole idea of 'school'. He was so excited to get his backpack on and head out the door. He sees his school from a distance and will start cheering, 'SCHOOL, SCHOOL, SCHOOL' at the top of his lungs. He's so ready for it. I, of course, sat in the car and cried after I dropped him off. I really wasn't expecting that. I mean.., Mason is such a active, busy kid. He's constantly on the go or thinking of what he can get into next. I've been looking forward to mornings with just the girls and now here it is and I'm sad about it. I know he needs the stimulation and will thrive in preschool..., but can't a mom just want her little boy to stay little just a touch longer. Preschool marks the start of a new chapter in his life. He'll be in some sort of school now for years to come. He's getting so big.., so fast. I know I say that all the time.., but at times it seems like his life is flying by. Though I'm excited for this phase in his life, I still at times miss my baby boy.

7 comments:

Meg said...

I have days where I wish Cameron could start preschool! Do you think Mason could bring a friend :) I know it will all happen too fast. I am already dreading him leaving for his mission....

Janelle said...

I love those pictures! And his first day of school outfit is just so perfect...He looks very well put together,, hee hee

Michele said...

Meredith- O.M.G!!!! Me and Ethan don't even start school for another 1 1/2 weeks. He is growing up so fast! Don't worry you still have Maya. Also I know i've said this once or a thousand times but i wish we lived out THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you guys Love,
Meredith\/ - ( = Peace )

Angela said...

darling pics! I forget they can go to preschool as soon as they are potty trained. Crazy! Looks like you guys have been busy! When do we get a ride in the new boat? and don't say after I post pictures on my blog! :) I will soon...

Renee said...

School is perfect for him...and LOVE the photos!

Rob Dog said...

So cute!! I know I will be a mess when I have to leave Hayden at school! silly I know, but I am sure! hopefully I still have a little while right? How old is mason? great, now I am thinking I may not have too long!!

Stacy and Mike said...

Oh how I have a love/hate relationship with kids growing up. It's so hard! He looks adorable though.