Thursday, August 13, 2009

Seriously.....,

...., I love yard sales and bargain shopping! I get a huge thrill from finding a killer fix-er-uppers or great deal. This past Saturday I went yard sale-ing with my fam, my dad and niece, Rachel. Besides having a fun morning.., we found some great finds. I'm trying to pass on the fine art of seeing beyond the ugly color to my niece. We got her a few hideous gold decor items for her room that we spray painted a hammered metal and they turned out pretty neat. The best find of the day was this gross beat up bed that my dad bought for me for $16.50. As soon as I saw it, the wheels started turning and I pictured it red and in my son's room.A few coats of paints.., a little sanding and some stain and...,
VOILA! I'm quite happy with it. His once nursery is now completely a little boys room.

6 comments:

Michele said...

Wow, what a transformation! You and dad have been hard at work this past week. What does Mason think of his new bed?

Kathryn said...

I love it! Wish I had the time and the patience for yard sales and your so called transformations. Looks great!

Lori said...

i always thought you were so creative on the mission! the bed looks awesome and i know you love it even more since you got such a great deal on it. remember when we use to relieve stress on the mission by buying some coloring crayons and books and go color somewhere??...good times.

DeAnn said...

That looks so great! You are amazing!

Stacy and Mike said...

If I lived up there I would be your yard sale buddy! I love stuff like that but having you with the eye would be helpful! Looks great!

Janelle said...

I need your eye and your creative juices. Seriously adorable! He does have a big boy bed now for sure. Great work guys!