Monday, December 7, 2009

Blessings come in all sorts of shapes and sizes

With Dan being laid off this past month, life in our home has been a bit stressful and at times over whelming. Money is tighter and worries are growing. Through out it all there has been several little blessings that help keep us going and give us hope that things will be okay. With that in mind..., my 2 year and 3 month old is officially potty trained..., dry through out the night..., dry on 2 hour road trips to visit family..., dry through outings and play dates.., and he's used the potty with and with out treats! Yes.., we can't believe it either and we're thrilled to be saving $60 a month on diapers. I've heard horror storied of potty training..., and even worse stories of potty training boys. Mason seriously has to be the easiest kid to ever potty train! Now I'm not bragging because it had nothing to do with me. It was all him. He tells me when he has to pee..., and then does his own thing and comes to get me for his candy treat. In 3 weeks..., he has had 2 accidents..., one at pre-school and the other during a nap. I'm thinking this is pretty good success!
This is Mason's potty jar filled with a variety of candy treats. It's worked wonders! It may sound silly to some.., but the ease of Mason's potty training has been a wonderful surprise and blessing in our life. We're grateful for the little things in life.

4 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

hey, don't give him all the credit - take a little for yourself! Yeah for you Mason!

Renee said...

Yay! We love Mason's new big boy pants.

Stacy and Mike said...

Um.......Kambree is how many months older and she's a girl and she's not potty trained yet. Aw man! Can I send her to your house so Mason can train her?

Janelle said...

I hadn't heard about your recent stress. So sorry, that's not very fun. My sis went through the same thing this year.

So, Mason is a month older than Kamryn, and she is noooooo where near the potty train. That is a big blessing for you guys. He's very 'mature' for his age. Most boys are like at 3 1/2 I swear.