Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mom's Christmas Cactus.

 These flowers are so beautiful. 
  I've had this Christmas Cactus for years now.., probably 10 plus.  It is a piece of my mom's cactus.., that she had for years before that.  My mom got her start piece from part of my Grammy Ketchum's cactus that my grandma had for years before that.  So it's been in the family quite some time. I remember both my mom's and grandma's having these gorgeous blooms on it every year right around Thanksgiving time.  My cactus, however, has NEVER bloomed for me until this past Mother's Day.
I know these plants are very sensitive to being in the right light and temperature to bloom...., but I like to think it's a little gift from my mom, saying she loves me.  I know..., lame and some may even say a bit crazy...., but it works for me. 

4 comments:

Kim R. said...

This is totally a from your mom! She loves you and even though you can't see her or can't always feel her, she is around you. You will always be her daughter! She wants you to be happy, and if a bloom on a cactus will make you happy, then so be it. Happy Mothers Day!

Melissa@thebblog said...

Before you said it - I thought - "Linda's mom sent it to her". You are absolutely not crazy and I 100% know that she is watching over you and touching your life in ways like this just to tell you she loves you.

lindsay said...

Ah, I think that is so sweet Linda! I love it and you are NOT crazy! What a beautiful reminder of your mom's love!

Janelle said...

that is an incredible moment for you. What a neat little story to have that plant for so many years.