Monday, October 13, 2008

The Addition Begins!

We are SO excited! Despite the sub zero degree weather for this time of year, we were still able to pour concrete for our footings! Thanks Steph for the wonder blankets and the concrete. You ROCK! Dan's brother, Robert and his friend, Scott came over to help. 12 yards of concrete, a couple hours and a few thousand dollars later and the footings were good to go. Dan tells me once the concrete cures, this addition will fly. I really only care that it is done by the time the baby arrives.I'm taking pictures throughout the addition process to help remind me that I want to move the next time I feel the need to add on our to our house. Construction is a nightmare.

3 comments:

Michele said...

That looks fantastic! You are going to LOVE your new space. I hate construction too. But the results are worth it. I know you'll be so happy when you can just let Kava out on his own.

Janelle said...

Whoa! this is major... I'm really dumb, but is this looking at the front of the house? I can't tell..more details please.

Angela said...

i am so excited for you guys! This will be so much fun ...once it is completed that is! I haven't been here in a while you have been busy!