Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How does this boy think of these things?!?!?!

The thermometer has a been a well used tool in our home these last 4 weeks.., yes, going on 4 weeks of illness! On Sunday I was searching our house for the thermometer to check one of the sickies. Now mind you, our house is in a bit of shambles since we've all been sick and ornery. There's laundry piles, shoe piles, mail piles, dishes piles.., pretty much piles of anything you can think of. Needless to say.., I could not find the thermometer. After quite bit of searching, I thought to look in Mason's room since he loves to pretend to use the thermometer every chance he gets. Sure enough I found it...., unfortunately it was not in a place I would have even imagined....., Can you see the thermometer in this picture?!?!?! If you can't.., it's actually inside his humidifier..., yes, in the water. Mason must have thrown it in there when I was filling it up and apparently I didn't notice. Are you starting to understand my frustration at times with my son? I seriously can not keep up with this kid. Thankfully.., with Mason's assistance, my patience is growing.

7 comments:

Michele said...

I can't believe you even found that. I don't think I would have ever noticed. Does it still work or did you have to get a new one?

LindaO said...

Ummmm.., no it did not work. What a surprise though.., I mean it was in the water for atleast 12 hours!

The Wilkinson Clan said...

What a little rascal. How can you not kiss his little cheeks and say oh well!!!

Melissa@thebblog said...

Thank heavens for blogs so when something like this happens you run for your camera instead of too much scolding.

I have - had - a thermometer like that. It was great till Toby chewed it to an unrecognizable state.

Rob Dog said...

ha ha ha!! that made me laugh! That is talent! Question is how long was it in there? :)

Meg said...

so...what is a good thermometer for kids? I am needing to buy one (and looks like you are going to be shopping for one too)! I got a nice rectal thermometer for a shower gift, but needless to say I returned that thing to the first store that would take it back! NO THANKS for up the butt temperature taking :)

Janelle said...

that is pretty much hilarious!