Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sick, sick boys!

Most days, I'm a fairly competent person that can do a lot.., I balance working full time, 2 kids, a dog and with one on the way, a husband, a garden and more. I can handle quite a bit.., BUT I seriously can not handle my family being sick. I hate it. I mean who really likes their loved ones being sick.., no one..., but I feel like I just shut down the rest of my life because I'm trying to keep fluids in my boys, take temperatures, give cool baths and wash cloths, hand out meds on time and keep the DVD running at all times. Dan's had an pneumonia for the 11 days now. He just started on his 2nd antibiotic last night and we're hoping that this one at basically triple strength will kick the sickness out of him. Mason has had a fever off and on for the last 4 days. So far.., his lungs are clear.., but we'll take him in on Friday for blood work if he still has a fever. Here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day for the boys!
This is Dan last night in the ER. Poor guy.., you can tell by his eyes he is sick.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

He's still sick! oh man, let us know if you need anything. I'm not hobbling around anymore and Bens already given up on taking care of me(it was nice while it lasted!), so let us take care of you guys :)

DeAnn said...

Just one phrase for you --- "Shot in the butt"!!!! Seriously, a nice dose of Rocephin (sp?) and all is well. It is the ONLY thing that kills my bronchitis. Sure, it hurts quite a bit going in--I think it must be the viscosity of starting to cool Jello, but I can breath again. Which is always a good thing!