Friday, May 8, 2009

Mason's New Bed

Thanks to Mason's cousin Gracyn for letting us borrow her bed, Mason now has a big-boy toddler bed. Mason has been great sleeper and I've been dreading this move..., but I figured we weren't sleeping right now anyway with Maya keeping us up that we might as well make the switch now.Mason was SO excited about his new bed til it came to bed time.., and then the tears started. Dan laid with him..., I laid with him.., I thought it was going to be all night..., then Mason kicked me out of his room. I was pretty shocked, but he went to sleep on his own.., and he slept through the night.
Nap times, however, are a nightmare! Today, he's been calling my name.., not crying, which is a plus, but just calling my name softly...., for the last 30 minutes. I'm pretty sure he'll never take a nap again!

5 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

Isn't it interesting that "change" makes such a big difference? It could be the exact same mattress and the same sheet and the same everything but since it's different, he thinks he can't go down. Hope he gets over it quickly! Is Maya now in a big baby crib?

Kanabites said...

LOL. Thanks for the laugh... brings back fun memories. After I get them out of the crib and get it all taken down and put away, the first night when they won't go to see and naps are pretty much null and void I want to put that crib up again, no matter how hard it was to take down.... It's alright if a 7 year old is in a crib right???

Michele said...

He looks comfy. Cute new sheets! It probably won't take long for him to get used to it. Good luck with the nap thing though, I don't have any good advice for that. Meredith stopped them at 18 months.

Julie and Todd said...

I'm dreading that day. Keep us posted on the progress and I'd welcome any tips on how to make the transition work as well.

Janelle said...

So, it is a little crazy knowing that they could escape at any time and do what they want,, we tell our kids they only get their binkies at night night and nap time... that seems to help make them want to stay.